Christian Youth Theater (CYT) is an after-school theater arts training program for students ages 4 - 18. Since its founding in 1981 in San Diego California, CYT has grown to be the largest youth theater in the nation. There are affiliates across the country training thousands of students a year. CYT is a non-profit 501(c)(3) educational organization funded primarily through its tuition, ticket sales and outside contributions.
Because CYT does not own facilities for classes or productions, the organization works through the local community, utilizing classrooms and stages in churches, schools and local theaters. CYT is not affiliated with a church body, and people of all faiths are welcome.
CYT stands in the forefront in its commitment to the highest ethical, moral, technical and artistic standards of excellence. Instructors are professionals, qualified in teaching and/or performing, who must understand our mission statement, values, objectives and goals. All CYT staff strive to be excellent role models.
Every session (fall, winter and spring) CYT offers theater arts classes for children as an after-school activity. Each local program conducts three ten-week sessions throughout the school year, teaching drama, voice, dance and a broad spectrum of specialty theatrical workshops at weekly two-hour classes. Enrolled students have the opportunity to work behind the scenes, or audition and perform on stage in a Broadway-style musical performed for the community.
- Placing the maximum worth on people and treating each individual with respect and significance.
- Developing character values in individuals including commitment, discipline, self esteem, confidence and integrity.
- Supporting the family unit through the direct involvement of each family member’s talents, interests and abilities.
- Providing a quality product without compromising a wholesome environment.
- Being a Godly role model promoting the awareness of a higher accountability.